The oak we use is American White Oak, sourced from the Appalachian Mountains of North American offering a pale yellow-brown to medium brown colouration. The veneer is crown cut as standard but typically displays a lot of straight grain but has longer rays than red oak and therefore displays more figure in its appearance, which can include swirls, crotch pattern, burls and a tiger-ray flake patterns depending on its growing conditions. Our fire-rated doors are made from three-layer wood particleboard high-performance door conforming to BS EN 312-2 Composition: softwood (Spruce, Pine, Larch) with hardwood (Birch, Chestnut) and sawmill Residue/recycled wood fibre.
Hollow Core Door Options:
- Large variety of glazed options available.
- A choice of DDA Compliant Vision panels.
- Selection of glass types to suit your specification.
- Machining for locks & hinges.
- Rebated options available on request.
- Enquire about openings for vents & fire grills.
- Weight nominal 16KG/m2 Average weight of a 1981 x 838 x 44m door is 26KG.
Available in Single, double and hospital door sets, see options (below) for more details.