American Black Walnut doors are a dark chocolate brown with well-defined growth pattern often with some beautiful cathedrals being very prominent within the crown. The sapwood is paler in colour and clearly demarcated from the rich dark brown to purplish black heartwood with. Smooth textured surface which finishes well. It has become one of the most popular American veneers. Our fire-rated doors are made from three-layer wood particleboard high-performance door conforming to BS EN 312-2 Composition: softwood (Spruce, Pine, Larch) with hardwood (Birch, Chestnut) and sawmill Residue/recycled wood fiber.
FD60 Door Options:
- Large variety of glazed options available.
- A choice of DDA Compliant Vision panels.
- Selection of glass types to suit your specification.
- Machining for locks & hinges.
- Grooving for Fire & smoke seals.
- Factory fitted acoustic drop seals.
- Rebated options available on request.
- Enquire about openings for vents & fire grills.
- Weight nominal 35KG/m2 Average weight of a 1981 x 838 x 44m door is 58KG.
Available in Single, double and hospital door sets, see options (below) for more details.
FD60 Rated Core Doors. We also hold a range of light-weight 44mm cellular hollow core doors in stock for use with all 50mm aluminium demount-able partitioning system.
FD60 Stock Range are available in the following sizes;
- 1981 x 838 x 44mm
- 2040 x 826 x 44mm
- 2040 x 926 x 44mm*
as standard. *DDA compliant.
As with all of our doors they can be customised to meet project requirements. These doors can be cut and re-lipped to different sizes on request to give greater flexibility and still maintain their fire rating.
Part M Building Regulations. An effective clear width and visibility requirements for Part M doors. Read more about vision panels and building regulations.*DDA compliant doors.
All of our products are FSC® / PEFC to European standard.
- ‘A’ Grade Selected Veneers, center book matched.
- Vertical grain supplied as standard, horizontal grain available on a bespoke order basis. Please ask for details.
- Matching pairs etc only are available when made to order.
- Best Matched pairs from stock are available subject to a matching charge but no guarantee to face matching can be given.
- 10mm concealed lippings to 2 long edges. Lipped 4 edges are available upon request.
- Contrasting lippings for DDA Doors.
- Veneers & lippings are a natural product and so, variation in colour and grain configuration may occur.
- All doors are supplied with pre-lacquered faces & lippings as standard to a high quality finish.
- A variety of different glazing options are available, including, a wide range of sizes, shapes glasses and combinations of multiple vision panels.
The following performance ratings can be met depending on the individual project requirements:
Certificated to achieve FD30 (44mm door) and FD60 (54mm door) fire ratings*
Sound attenuating requirements from 30 to 45DB can be achieved with our range of acoustic doors.
Can be fitted with DDA complaint vision panels and manufactured with colour contrasting lippings to help the visually impaired, ask about the options available.
All of our products are FSC / PEFC to European standard.Find our more about our certifications.