The oak we use is American White Oak, sourced from the Appalachian Mountains of North American offering a pale yellow-brown to medium brown colouration. The veneer is crown cut as standard but typically displays a lot of straight grain but has longer rays than red oak and therefore displays more figure in its appearance, which can include swirls, crotch pattern, burls and a tiger-ray flake patterns depending on its growing conditions. Our fire-rated doors are made from three-layer wood particleboard high-performance door conforming to BS EN 312-2 Composition: softwood (Spruce, Pine, Larch) with hardwood (Birch, Chestnut) and sawmill Residue/recycled wood fibre.
FD30 Door Options:
- Large variety of glazed options available.
- A choice of DDA Compliant Vision panels.
- Selection of glass types to suit your specification.
- Machining for locks & hinges.
- Grooving for Fire & smoke seals.
- Factory fitted acoustic drop seals.
- Rebated options available on request.
- Enquire about openings for vents & fire grills.
- Weight nominal 27KG/m2 Average weight of a 1981 x 838 x 44m door is 45KG.
Available in Single, double and hospital door sets, see options (below) for more details.
FD30 Rated Standard doors. We hold a range of 44mm solid core doors in stock for use with our timber or aluminium door frames.
They are available in the following sizes;
as standard. *DDA compliant.
As with all of our doors they can be customised to meet project requirements by adding further services. These doors can also be cut and re-lipped for additional size variations or manufactured bespoke to suit your requirements.
Part M Building Regulations. An effective clear width and visibility requirements for Part M doors. Read more about vision panels and building regulations.*DDA compliant doors.
Look out for our FSC or PEFC certified products. Find out more about our certifications.
American White Oak
Oak Single door
Oak Hospital Door Set
Skirting, Architrave, Windowboards and frames available in Oak
- ‘A’ Grade Selected Veneers, center book matched.
- Vertical grain supplied as standard, horizontal grain available on a bespoke order basis. Please ask for details.
- Matching pairs etc only are available when made to order.
- Best Matched pairs from stock are available subject to a matching charge but no guarantee to face matching can be given.
- 6mm to 8mm concealed lippings to 2 long edges. Lipped 4 edges are available upon request.
- Contrasting lippings for DDA Doors.
- Veneers & lippings are a natural product and so, variation in colour and grain configuration may occur.
- All doors are supplied with pre-lacquered faces & lippings as standard to a high quality finish.
- A variety of different glazing options are available, including, a wide range of sizes, shapes glasses and combinations of multiple vision panels.
The following performance ratings can be met depending on the individual project requirements:
Certificated to achieve FD30 (44mm door) and FD60 (54mm door) fire ratings*
Sound attenuating requirements from 30 to 45DB can be achieved with our range of acoustic doors.
Can be fitted with DDA complaint vision panels and manufactured with colour contrasting lippings to help the visually impaired, ask about the options available.
All of our products are FSC / PEFC to European standard.Find our more about our certifications.